Office of the Local Civil Registrar of Sto. Tomas, Batangas, a mandatory department under RA 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code. Equipped with modernized system, in attainment of a 100% vital events registration serving as machinery for growth and progress, with the ultimate goal to serve with Love, Commitment and utmost Responsibility in performing the following functions and duties:
1. Formulate and implement programs particularly those which have to do with civil registry which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide;
2. Accept all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons;
3. Receive applications for the issuance of marriage license and after determining that the requirements and supporting certificates and publication thereof for the prescribed period have been complied with, issue the license upon payment of the authorized fee to the treasurer;
4. Coordinate with the National Statistics Office in conducting educational campaigns for the vital registration and assist in the preparation of demographic and other statistics for the local government unit concerned;
5. Accepts and prepares documents under RA 9048, 9858, 0255 and 10172, concerning correction of clerical errors including the gender and date of birth (month and day) and legitimation process.