1. Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies;
2. Conduct continuing studies, research and training programs;
3. Integrate and coordinate all sectorial plans and studies;
4. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects and activities;
5. Prepare comprehensive development plans and other development planning documents;
6. Analyze the income and expenditure patterns and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies
7. Promote people participation in development planning;
8. Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the LDC.