Office of the Vice Mayor’s Duties and Responsibilities as provided under the Local Government Code of 1991 (RA 7160):
The Municipal Vice Mayor
SECTION 445. Powers, Duties and Compensation.-
(a) The vice-mayor shall:
(1) Be the presiding officer of the Sangguniang Bayan and sign all warrants drawn on the municipal treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the Sangguniang Bayan;
(2) Subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, appoint all officials and employees of the Sangguniang Bayan, except those whose manner of appointment is specifically provided in this Code;
(3) Assume the office of the municipal mayor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy as provided for in section 44, Book I of this Code;
(4) Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the municipal mayor in cases of temporary vacancy as provided for in section 46, Book I of this Code; and,
(5) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
(b) The vice-mayor shall receive a monthly compensation corresponding to Salary Grade twenty five (25) as prescribed under R.A. No. 6758 and the implementing guidelines issued pursuant thereto.